International Association of Doctors in Slovakia in cooperation with the language school iCan, as well as the lawyer’s office Advokátska kancelária Antovszká, s.r.o., invite you to take part in preparatory language courses for doctors of various specialties.
The purpose of these training lessons is to help foreign healthcare specialists to learn the necessary medical terminology in order to be well-prepared for the qualification exam (doplňujúca skúška) and to work successfully in the future.
From August 18 to October 10, 2020, a specialized course of the Slovak language for foreign doctors will be held.
What is proposed for you at this course:
– classes of the Slovak language, with an emphasis on mastering the terminology of 4 main branches of medicine: paediatrics, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, surgery
– the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers, as well as clarifying information from the consultants of each of the above sections
– participation in the final lectures of consultants, during which you can not only improve your knowledge, but also check it with the help of computer testing, the conditions of which are as close as possible to the environment of the qualification exam
-additional information on the recommended literature, medical abbreviations often used by the medical staff in the field of medical practice in Slovakia and a lot more
– lecturers with many years of experience in the teaching of the Slovak language for medical staff
– the opportunity to study at home and in any country in the world, since classes will be held online
– classes in the evening, as well as a final lecture on one of the weekend days.
What you can get participating in this course
– assistance in preparing for the qualification exam for foreign doctors (doplňujúca skúška), since we have tried to include in this course terminology on the issues that doctors most often encounter during this exam.
– preparation for further work as a doctor in Slovakia (employers give preference while employing foreign doctors to those who know medical abbreviations better and can use medical terminology in the Slovak language);
What you need to apply to the course:
– knowledge of the Slovak language – level B1-B2
– submission of an application for participation in the course until August 17, 2020 inclusive (to apply write to email@example.com)
– payment for the course, the cost of which is 199 euros
– preparation of the necessary documents if you have a Slovak residence permit and decide to use the opportunity to receive a refund of the course fee from the IOM (link).
Dentists can join the course from September 15th to October 10th for the Internal Medicine and Surgery units. The cost of the course for dentists is 99 euros. To enroll in the course, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The second course “Legal Minimum for Foreign Medical Professionals” is scheduled from September 7 to October 15, 2020.
These classes are very important and useful not only for general practitioners and for family medicine doctors, but also for dentists, pharmacists and nurses.
The “Legal Minimum for Foreign Medical Professionals” is the first legal course for foreign healthcare workers in Slovakia, which enables them to master the optimal amount of specialised theoretical legal knowledge for passing the exam in a short period with the help of lawyers practicing in Slovakia.
During the lectures at this course, the staff of the Law Office Antovszká, s.r.o., as well as lecturers of the iCan language school in an accessible and understandable form will explain the main laws, the list of which has been approved by the Slovak Ministry of Education for study by medical workers who pass the qualifying exam.
Students will also be offered testing on the topics of the course, presentations, and the opportunity to receive clarifying information on questions that have arisen during the preparation for the exam.
The course price is 249 Euros.
The application for participation in the course can be submitted until September 6, 2020, write to email@example.com
For foreigners with a residence permit / permanent residence, it is possible to receive a refund of the course fee from the IOM.
Participation in these courses will increase your chances of successfully passing the qualifying exam. Use this opportunity to improve your professional training!